New Rivers Assembly of God started decades ago under the name Maryville Assembly of God. Locals started meeting in each others' homes then eventually "started" the church and filed for affiliation with the Assemblies of God on November 13, 1944 under the leadership of Rev. Louis Mattea. In 1958, Rev. George Ankarlo, Jr. became Pastor of Maryville Asembly of God and soon after, the church completed its affiliation with the Assemblies of God. Rev. Ankarlo was Pastor for 35 years before retiring. His successor was Rev. Shance Sauce, his son-in-law, who Pastored Maryville Assembly from May of 1993 to August of 2000. Since August of 2000, Rev. Sauce and his family left Maryville Assembly of God and became Missionaries to Guam. From January, 2001 through August 2007, Rev. Pat Herlitz was Pastor @ Maryville Assembly of God. After feeling led to move forward in his calling, Pastor Pat moved to Texas where he Pastors at First Assembly of God in Giddings.

In October, 2007 Rev. Kevin L. Wilson, Jr. was annouced as Senior Pastor. There have been many changes within the church since. In 2009 the church underwent a name change to New Rivers Assembly of God. New Rivers has also been undergoing a "face lift". Along with the face lift we have noticed a signifigant FAITH LIFT. We are believing God for big things in our church and community. God is pouring out @ New Rivers in a mighty way.

What a wonderful history and heritage! We cannot possibly imagine what new adventures lie ahead!